Sweet Comfort Mattress by Serta Model Number VW00545

We recently bought the Sweet Comfort Mattress made for Vera Wang by Serta model number VW00545. We did this after I researched what foam (Tempur-Pedic, for example) is made from (petroleum) and decided that a latex
mattress was more natural. It's made from rubber trees.

We had tried out so many mattresses that we thought we were comfortable with a purchase of a mattress selling at a retail price of $3999 and with discounts $1999.

We slept on it for two weeks. The first couple of nights I was comfortable. Perhaps our old mattress was so bad that anything would have been better. I don't move in my sleep. I tend to stay in one place. I thought it odd that one night my husband pushed me over saying that I was on his side. Sure enough I was on his side and felt as if I had to climb over to my side.

Over the next week the mattress got worse. For $2,000 I would like a mattress that I said "Oh I feel great" in the morning rather than having aches and pains. This wasn't true with Sweet Comfort unfortunately. The mattress sits on a platform. It doesn't have a pillow topper which is something I like but it does have 1 ½ inches of Talalay latex on the top which should have given us comfort.

After all my research I determined that Talalay was really good. I still believe it is. In the Talalay process the bubbles in the latex are vacuumed out making a smoother mattress. One aspect I didn't like about this mattress was the fact the top wasn't smooth. There were bumps in it. This is done on purpose to allow your body to mold to the latex. However unlike foam mattresses that aren't latex the latex doesn't pop back up.

The Vera Wang is a Serta product. The mattress itself is 8 inches consisting of a Talalay Core. The fabric around the mattress is treated with Aloe Vera. It is a knit fabric that stretches. On aspect that I likes was that the mattress has anti-microbial fibers and repels mites.

There is a 30-year warranty.

Comments (0)

Post a Comment